The House of Spike and Opal

Thursday, January 08, 2009

tap, tap....

Is this thing on? Helllloooooo????

I know, it's been since September since I've blogged. I'm ashamed, no need to hand slap me. One of my resolutions for 2009 is to keep my blog updated, so here I am. It's the 8th of January, but better late than never right?

Here is a quick update of all that has happened since I was last here.

Happy Birthday to me. LMNOPEA retreat. WOO HOO fun. Blood clot. Not WOO HOO fun. Happy Thanksgiving. Broke my ass. Also not WOO HOO fun. Trip to Dallas. Happy Hanukkah. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.

Alrighty then. With that out of the way.......... It's 2009!! Bring out the noise makers, the fire crackers, the confetti!! I love fresh starts. This is why I am hosting a January Journal challenge on Willow Traders. If you are anything like me, you forget about your resolutions by the end of January. Well, not this year. No way no how. I am keep a daily journal/scrapbook to stay on track. Hopefully this will help me make and keep a few new healthier habits.

Unfortunately, my journal is a disaster so no pics of that yet. I will be spending the weekend starting over. But here are a few layouts I did last night with the Septemer 2008 kit from The Scrap Room...

by the way... what's wrong with my blog? what happened to my links and music? sigh. another project to work on...


8 Comments:

At 1/08/2009 4:58 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Happy New Year!!

Jeffrey's getting so big. Cute LO's!!

 
At 1/08/2009 6:25 PM , Blogger just jennifer said...

Love the colors in that second layout!

 
At 1/08/2009 8:32 PM , Blogger Candace H said...

Well, hey there, it is on after all! Love your layouts, Lisa! And thanks for the Jan. Journal challenge - really enjoying it!

Um, about that blood clot and broken a$$... I don't recall you posting about that over at WT... everything okay now?

 
At 1/09/2009 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your work!! Keep on sharing girl!

 
At 1/09/2009 1:54 PM , Blogger Carmen Pauls said...

Good to see you blogging again, Lisa!! ;) I've started a blog too, although I've only done a couple of posts and am already behind... (blush). I'm at http://carmenpaulsorthner.wordpress.com

I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with some health issues. :( I hope 2009 is the wonderful year you're hoping for. :) Love the "Where's Geddy" layout -- so funny!

Carmen.

 
At 1/09/2009 2:33 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Great work Lisa!!

 
At 1/09/2009 2:52 PM , Blogger c.a.bernet said...

Well, it's about damn time. I thought you'd died and gone to Club Med.

 
At 1/11/2009 11:55 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

welcome back!!! blood clot & broke your ass??? oh no!!! i hope you're all better now!!! cuppycakes soon?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home