The House of Spike and Opal

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

U rock Dad...

A while back I had started an "Dad & Me" album for my dad. I'm still adding pages to it. This is one of the last pictures taken of me and dad. I was holding the camera. I think it came out pretty well! But I have to give credit where credit is due. I was inspired by a layout I saw in the Two Peas gallery by Viviane Amaral called "She Rules". I used the November Story of My Life kit. The paper is Scenic Route and there are some Rouge de Garance stickers and MM brads. I traced some Heidi Swapp chipboard letters for my title. I am so brad challenged. I cannot get a little strip of brads straight to save my life. I may take those out later and cover the holes with a piece of ribbon or a paper strip. Anyone have feedback for me please?



One of my 2008 scrapping goals is to do all 52 challenges in Elsie Flannigan's "52 Challenges" book. So I did the first one last night. My SIL and I have a tradition of taking a picture of ourselves at most every occasion, and I found a cute "Sister" album at Hobby Lobby I'm going to use for the pictures. It's an 8x8 album so my pages will probably be pretty simple. But anyway.... here is the result of my first Elsie challenge. It was to journal on cardstock strips.

2 Comments:

At 1/08/2008 12:28 PM , Blogger Rach said...

very nice!!!

 
At 1/29/2008 12:47 PM , Blogger Diana said...

Lisa , your Dad was so cute!! I like the Sisters LO but that one of your Dad is just fantastic!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home